[OM] Re: (OT) (Long?) Search for an affordable & effective image editing

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) (Long?) Search for an affordable & effective image editing program
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 17:17:33 -0800 (PST)
I've been a long-time GIMP user now.  I really like it for a lot of
my detailed editing of nature/art style pictures.  However, it still
lacks an effective 16bit mode--but that should be addressed before
too long.

PWP is an outstanding program.  Price/performance ratio is
off-the-chart.  It lacks "layers", but makes up for it with other
methods of image-stacking and just plain superior image handling.
It's a great program in every way.  However, for my purposes, it
lacks one critical function--the healing brush.  One thing that makes
PWP stand heads-and-shoulders above the olders is outstanding memory
management and speed.

Photoshop Elements is like every other Adobe program--bloated and a
resource hog.  I use it extensively now because of several features,
but like the regular Photoshop, it lacks any form of elegance and
efficiency.

AG

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265