[OM] Re: Curmudgeon Update

Subject: [OM] Re: Curmudgeon Update
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:08:28 +1100
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Wayne passes on most of the messages that mention me, in case
> I wish to initiate appropriate litigation.
> [...]
> one rather officious nurse demanded to know what I thought I
> was doing working at 10pm, I pointed out that I was "probably
> earning double what you are right now."

Hmm, the opiates must have been working at full strength. Rumour
has it that all the nurses thought you were just an absolute
dear; like a big, soft, cuddly-wuddly, widdle bear, and that
they totally miss your gentle, pleasant, gentlemanly demeanour.

(There ya go. Sue me, ya bastard)

> Why did i not return? Well, I almost never use an Oly anymore
> except as a reviewer.

Me neither, but some of those other lists have the humour
of a houseplant, the photographic interest of a circuit
drawing, and make you feel about as welcome as a blowfly
at a BBQ (yes, a gratuitous Aussie cliche - so sue me...
again).

> Last one was a waterproof compact, the 725 Tough which
> I though a bit too much of a handbag design. Fun though to
> write about how it was also sandproof, beerproof and
> vomitproof.

I'm looking at an Olympus 770SW (in Royal Blue to match my eyes
and it'll slip into my Crumpler man-bag quite nicely ;-) ).
Actually, it is its sandprooficity and waterproofaliciousness
that are the thing - family photos (bodysurfing, seahorseplay,
etc.) and beach photos and detail, coupled with being able to
keep it in a velcro'd back pocket of my boardies, and washing
it off under the carpark shower afterwards.

Naturally, I'm curious as to whether your writings on the proofs
of the 725 Tough are base on personal experience.

 "We were somewhere around Birdsville, of the edge of the desert
  when the beer began to take hold..."

> Attempts at retaliation by snide references to my own errors
> and poor syntax will be met with derision, contempt and a
> detailed and public discussion of your own failings. Or
> references from Wittgenstein's Tractatus; whichever I feel
> might be more damaging.

You better give me Wittgenstein's Tarantulas, 'cause I'm
petrified of spiders.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz