[OM] Rumour has it...

Subject: [OM] Rumour has it...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:51:51 -0800 (PST)
Rumour has it that Vivitar is back building 285HV flashes again. Why
they ever stopped is beyond me.

I've been planning on buying more flash gear and realized that the
285HV has been my most reliable and trustworthy flash ever.  Sure, it
isn't the only game in town, but they are decent flashes by most
definitions with an excellent price/performance ratio.

In about a month it looks like I'll be doing my part and buying at
least three more brand-new units.  Possibly as many as five.  Along
with that I'll be getting some radio slaves.  It looks like I may
have just booked two more weddings just this week, so my ROI is
pretty much taken care of.

For my big annual super-duper annual event, I'll clamp-mount the
flash gear to the stage-lighting which will really help during the
ceremony.  It sure would be nice to drop down to a low ISO for
quality and color reasons.

Ah, how liberating it is to not need to buy a new DSLR right away.
My E-1, E-2S and E-3(IS) are working out just fine.  Thank you Kodak.
That new Portra rocks.

So, I encourage everybody here to confirm to Vivitar that they did
the right thing by bringing back the classic.  If we do our part,
just maybe more manufacturers will realize that there is a market for
high-quality "retro" gear.

AG

The fish are biting.