[OM] Re: Shill bid on Zuiko 8mm?

Subject: [OM] Re: Shill bid on Zuiko 8mm?
From: Lawrence Plummer <plummerl@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:05:53 -0800
If you look at the timeline of the bids, you can see that almost allof the $10
increment bids were an attempt to surmount the bid of Bidder4who topped the
current high bidder (Bidder7). Finally, Bidder7 placedanother bid to give
him/her self some extra margin. This definitely doesnot look like shill
bidding. larry
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>To:
"Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007
09:08Subject: [OM] Shill bid on Zuiko 8mm?>> I and others have commented on
yaBe's 'anonymous'  bidder IDs. Here's> an example that has me wondering if
it's a shill.>> Member for less than a week> Has placed 29% of his bids on one
seller with 20 bids on one item> 270087867835 (Zuiko 8mm with engraving)  He's
placed bids at mostly> $10 increments starting at $370 going 3 bids beyond the
previous high> at $555.>> My first reaction is to stay away from this auction.
I think the> biggest loss for me though is loosing the ability to contact
other> yaBe members in an attempt to dig up info. YMMV>> -jeff>>
http://www.zuikoholic.com> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx>