[OM] Art printing, or printing for art sales

Subject: [OM] Art printing, or printing for art sales
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:41:58 +1300
Hi all

Recently I discovered a new, starting up, photo printer, and will be taking
files to him for printing, not least because he has suggested he will grant me
good rates for my first order. His work that I have seen is very impressive.

http://www.artforum.co.nz/   but there's nothing much to see there yet.

His premises are a mere 8 miles from here.

He uses archival papers and canvases, and ultra-pigments (mineral) printed
at around 1200 dpi..

Some of his papers are:
Epson enhanced matte archival paper 189 gsm,

(for a water-colour effect)
Hahnemuhle photo rag 308 gsm (acid-free smooth bright white 100% cotton
rag-based paper with a smooth calendared surface).
Hahnemuhle Etching 310 gsm
Hahnemuhle Torchon 285 gsm

Canvases:
60- and 100-year archival canvas with protective spray coating; matt, semi,
or gloss finish.
Can be stretched on a wooden frame.

It all sounds very interesting, and probably this week I will pay a second
visit
to discuss specific prints ( photo images in hand) before I turn up with a CD
of files and an order in mind.

Brian