[OM] Re: OM gear sent to KEH

Subject: [OM] Re: OM gear sent to KEH
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:08:40 -0500
Yeah, but . . .

I'm the first one who sort of questioned Christopher's point in
posting his list to the list.  When he explained that he didn't have
time to sell the gear himself, it made me think about the situation
and I can understand his POV, especially based on recent experience.

I'm culling my gear and finding better homes for things I don't use
enough.  For each one, I have to:

* Check operation

* Clean

* Make decent pix

* Load those files to my HDD

* Select the best and fine tune them

* Save them to Web friendly format

* Research prices

* Write helpful, clear descriptions

* Upload the files to the Web

* Post the descriptions and links to the files

* Deal with whatever questions arise from prospective buyers until an
item sells.
(This can be very time consuming.  I'm up to 50 exchanges with the
buyer of one lens, which, of course, doesn't count the inquiries from
numerous other prospective buyers.  Like the one from this list with
whom I exchanged over a dozen emails during which he committed to buy
one item, asked for another (that I could provide), negotiated a
package price, asked for international shipping options, even
specified what to put on the package in his language, then suddenly
disappeared -- dropped completely out of contact with no explanation.)

* Weigh the item(s)

* Calculate shipping cost

* Once sold, confirm the funds are valid

* Pack item

* Create shipping label and print it

* Drop package at shipping outlet

* Make sure package arrived safely and buyer is satisfied

This is off the top of my head; I very likely missed a few steps.

If I had a list as long as Christopher's (or Walt's), I'd seriously
consider just sending the lot to KEH or another reseller.

Add to this that I benefit by being able to find a lot of what I want
at KEH because people sell them their stuff.

Makes sense to me.

Would I have liked to cherry pick Christopher's list?  Sure!  But,
well, see the above.

my two lux worth/ScottGee1