[OM] Re: iPod camera connector and E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: iPod camera connector and E-1
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:35:45 -0000
I bought an OTG thingy for about $40.  It's fitted with 2 USB sockets, 1 to
connect the camera, (source) the other to connect to (eg) a 2.5" portable
USB HD, (target) and has a button marked "copy" which does what it says.
There is also a little switch Full/Root by which you can choose to copy only
what is in the root directory of your source - the source need not be a
camera, could be another disk.  The OTG is powered by two AAA batteries or
AC adaptor, and is branded "Belkin USB Anywhere", Part # F5U203, should be
easy to find. It's small, easy to carry, but it is not as fast as you might
hope!

As an alternative, you may want to know that I have since switched to a Jobo
Giga2 which has a built-in card reader and Li-ion battery.  I found one on
the famous auction site which was bare for about $20.  I fitted a 40GB 2.5"
HD.  It's just a matter of plugging in the card and pressing a button.
170075079781 is a recent similar item.

--
Piers