[OM] Re: Olympus Telephoto Shoot-Out!

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Telephoto Shoot-Out!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:42:56 +0000
I don't think it's actually shutter vibration. I never had such a problem when
I was using Pentax cameras, which are barely bigger and heavier than an OM and
have essentially the same sort of shutter mechanism. I think the difference,
and the problem with the OM, is the stop-down mechanism. In a Pentax, it's just
a straight-ahead push, while with an Oly, it's a sideways, semi-circular
motion, which I think induces more body movement than a simple straight forward
poke. While each may cause the same amount of movement, a tiny bit of rotation
is going to fuzzy things up way more than a tiny bit straight on.

Just my opinion, and, as usual, I could be wrong.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --