[OM] OT canoscan 4000

Subject: [OM] OT canoscan 4000
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 05:53:36 +1300
Hi all

FYI, this Canyon scanner looks to be slightly better than my HP Sprint-scan
and will do 67.3 line pairs per mm, only 4 fewer than the Minolta. What's
more the scratch removal works on Kodachrome whereas that bundled with
the Minlota doesn't.

Interesting that one commenter on the Norman Koren review showed that he
got from the Canyon similar scanner lines as I get with the HP though his
example was MUCH less noticeable than the worst I have seen with my HP.

Here are some relevant urls, FWIW   Sorry about the url wrapping.

http://photo.pool-room.com/Digital/Canon-FS-4000US-tips.html

http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/Canoscan4000.html

http://www.photo-forums.com/WebX?13@86.jqpGaJnAlrB%5E2@.ee85741/9

http://www.photo-