[OM] Re: Bridge Camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Bridge Camera
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:45:32 -0500
Problem with the D40 is that it will ONLY permit the use of lenses with
overpriced in-lens focus motors, and is not  backwards compatible with
various older Nikon lenses.

Might want to consider the  Pentax K100D that is a similar price and
more options to grow & learn - and is fully compatible with all K-mount
lenses back to 1980 in all automatic modes, and back to all screw mount
lenses with regular metering.

Larry