[OM] Re: Flash Sync Speed

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash Sync Speed
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 02:37:07 -0800
Jan Steinman wrote:

> To me, it's not a camera if you're not seeing light that comes
> through the picture taking lens. (Sorry, TLR fans! :-)

I tend to agree, although I include live view LCDs on digicams, so it's
not only SLrs for me.
> The E-10/20 were groundbreaking cameras in that regard.
>
> You're right that the beam splitter cost 1/2 stop.
Return of the pedant... Is the partial silvering weighted so that 3/4 of
the light goes to the viewfinder? That would put quite a burden on the
sensor system.

If it's 50/50, the light loss to both viewer and sensor is one half, and
that's a loss of one stop for each.

Moose, who just can't seem to stop that little calculator in his brain.