[OM] Re: Intervalometer for OM?

Subject: [OM] Re: Intervalometer for OM?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 23:45:57 -0800
> From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'd like to try some time-lapse photograghy with my OM cameras. I
> was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for a relatively
> inexpensive alternative to the M. Quartz Remote Controller 1 ?

If you're handy with electronics, it is fairly simple to build one.
An NE555 timer IC and a half-dozen other components should do it.
You'll need a Winder or motor drive, of course, and the proper plug.

If you're not comfortable with soldering and would be happy with one-
minute shots, you could make an extremely simple "bomb trigger" with
an old wind-up clock from a thrift store with a sweep second hand.
Attach one wire from the plug to the metal case of the clock, and
heat up the end of the other wire and poke it into the plastic lens
of the clock, so that the second hand will brush against it each minute.

:::: They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin
Franklin
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/01FAB33>