[OM] Re: Crapped out Quantum pack

Subject: [OM] Re: Crapped out Quantum pack
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:56:52 -0600
I'm embarrased to say that off the top of my head I have forgotten which
list member, but one of you (you know who you are, and I'll remember about
2AM) sold me a new battery at a very reasonable price, $44 inc. shipping if
I recall correctly. It made my Turbo like a new one.

Quantum want's you to send the pack to them for this service. There may be a
little sense to this, as there are apparently some things in the circuit
that are tweeked to the specific battery, but plan on at least $90. I put my
own in, as I have some experience from my broadcasting days, but don't try
it if you aren't aware of the pontential for problems from the 500 or so
volts running around inside one of these.

Otherwise, the replacement requires opening the pack, and pulling the
connectors off the old battery and pushing them on the new, then putting it
back together. About a 5 minute project.

If there's an Interstate battery place near you, they can probably get one
for you, but don't expect a bargain.

Bill Pearce