[OM] Re: OT Slide Projector Help

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Slide Projector Help
From: Ian Lowman <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:50:26 -0500
Moose wrote:
> I do agree there! My current pet peeve is Quicken. A wonderful program
> that I wouldn't want to try to do without. But it plays this little
> fanfare when it opens, which is fine unless someone has been watching a
> video or listening to music and left the volume up, then it almost
> knocks me off my chair. I haven't found a way to silence it. Shooting
> the computer or its other users isn't a useful option. :-)

In Quicken 2006/Windows XP, go to the Control Panel and choose Sounds
and Audio Devices. Quicken adds a bunch of Events (including Open
Program) that you can set individually for the various sounds that you
would like. Alternatively, you can disable them all from within Quicken
by going to Edit/Preferences/Quicken Program, selecting Setup and
un-checking the appropriate box.

Cheers,
Ian