[OM] Re: E-400 again (Re: Re: Is it my imagination?)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 again (Re: Re: Is it my imagination?)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:30:52 -0800
Jay Maynard wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 12:34:47PM -0500, DACattani@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I'm really intrigued by the E400.
>>

> Yeah, me too.
>
> So much so I'm really tempted to break my personal rule against ever buying
> a camera without handling it first, not to mention that I'm not particularly
> happy with the idea of buying an unsupported import.
>
> Still, it's the first DSLR that I've seen to capture the ergonomic magic of
> the OM-1. That's a serious advantage.

A couple of things to consider.

I understand that one consequence of the small body and modest price is
that some functions that are available in dedicated buttons on the E-1
and possibly on the other E-thingies available here, have retreated into
the menu system. This might seriously detract from usability, depending
on one's personal needs.

Also, rumors posted here indicate that an E-4xx body is soon on the way,
possibly with live view 'B' mode for macro. If that's what the E400 was
meant to be from the beginning and the one released in Europe is only a
stop-gap, one could end up feeling foolish about rushing to get one here.

Moose