[OM] Re: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:37:17 -0500
In chapter 8 of Ctein's new book "Digital Restoration from Start to
Finish" he describes methods of using noise reduction software to deal
with removing the texture from the scanning of textured papers by
treating it as noise.  He gives examples using both Neat Image and
Picture Window Pro and also discusses methods to minimize loss of image
detail during the procedure.  $26.37 from Amazon with free shipping.
<http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Restoration-Start-Finish-photographs/dp/0240808142/sr=8-1/qid=1170095544/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-3192476-2323027?ie=UTF8&s=books>

Recommended.  I think I posted about this a couple of weeks ago but
perhaps you missed it.  It's a great complement to Katrin Eismann's
"Adobe PhotoShop Restoration & Retouching" which I also recommend.
<http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Restoration-Retouching-Voices-Matter/dp/0321316274/sr=8-3/qid=1170095544/ref=pd_bbs_3/103-3192476-2323027?ie=UTF8&s=books>

Chuck Norcutt