[OM] Re: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:42:49 -0800 (PST)
Joel I-80 Wilcox wrote:
> It appears to me that the original negative was printed and then
> enlarged to 11x14.  It was then either sepia toned or given some
> other kind of warm brown tone.  This then was hand-colored.

It may also have just been a poorly washed print that suffered from
fixer "toning".

> Roger Askey, it is grainy, as the camera struggles to bring the
> light level up to "normal."  But compared to trying to focus
> through the viewfinder?  Pish!  The dang thing's a miracle.

It's amazing that reviewers dismiss a feature like "live view"
because they have such a narrow view of how cameras are used.

> So I decided to give the Z 24/2.8 a try.

Did you try using the 14-54?  I'd think that it would have been quite
sufficient for this task.

AG

Be a PS3 game guru.