[OM] Re: Mom so long ago -

Subject: [OM] Re: Mom so long ago -
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 06:40:46 -0500
Looks pretty good to me for a full pixel sample.  Wish I had something
as good of my own mother.  The only similar thing I have is a small B&W
print of her and my father in uniform which I would guess was also taken
in 1942.

Is this re-photography?  Whilst rummaging around doing cleanup for the
coming house move to upstate NY I came across some long forgotten slide
duplicators.  One is a Spiratone Dupliscope which needs a T-mount and
the other is an Accura Slide Duplicator which attaches to the front of a
50mm lens with a Series VII adapter.  I have now managed to find or
collect a Canyon T-mount adapter as well as a 49mm to Series VII adapter
ring plus a 25mm Oly extension tube which is needed to use the Accura on
the 50/3.5 macro at 1:1.  I've been planning to do some experiments
along those lines using the 5D but so far haven't managed to get
anything done except a single quick shot from each.  I'm not ready to
pass judgement on either one.  The Dupliscope results weren't
particularly good but it's a slow, fixed aperture optical system and
difficult to focus without an extremely bright light.  It may be able to
do much better if focused properly.  The 50/3.5 and slide duplicator
looked much better but I think can do better yet with careful setup and
focusing.  I also have a slide duplicator for the OM bellows but it's a
bit awkward to use on the Canyon.

The pending move will likely keep me from doing anything else along
these lines for quite some time but I'll report my results when I get
one of those round tuits that Walt talks about.

Chuck Norcutt