[OM] Re: Anyone out there who uses iPod?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone out there who uses iPod?
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 03:14:14 +0100
I have an iPod 5G, and the Apple camera adaptor.

What I do is that I simply branch the USB cable from the camera to
the camera adaptor and then the camera, turn on the camera....and the
iPod gives me the option of downloading everything and eventually
erasing the photos from the camera. Works like a charm. If the photos
are in a format which the iPhod understands, I can view the photos on
the built-in screen (which, incidentally, is an excellent eye-sight-
test: if you can see anything detailed on an iPod screen you've got
40/20 sight and a great imagination - but at least, you can verify
that the photo is there....)

I know that it works well with Pentax *istD, K10D, Optio S4, as well
as Oly 720SW - in general, though, anything with power and a profile
as "mass storage device" should work.

How to get VCD/DVD content to the iPod, you'll want to use iTunes -
depending a lot on the media format you have originally, and the
intellectual property rights associated with it.

Cheers,

Thomas

On 26Jan , 2007, at 12:35 PM, John Hudson wrote:

> Which composer's music is done justice to by the iPod U2?
>
> jh

Thomas Clausen
Thomas.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/Labo/Thomas.Clausen/