[OM] Anyone out there who uses iPod?

Subject: [OM] Anyone out there who uses iPod?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:24:48 +0800
Having been out there looking for what i feel could be the ideal mobile
image transfer device (MITD), I stumbled across the iPod Special Edition U2
while I was in Singapore recently. At SGD300, it was fantastic value with
30GB of storage capacity. Now I can listen to great music while I photograph
and then upload images as well. Problem is that the iPod comes with a cr*p
user's manual and by and large, visiting different websites helped me to
understand that many people resort to learning hands-on.

As it is the current way to upload images from my C5060 to the iPod is via
iTunes installed on my computer. So that's a two-legged procedure....(a)
download from camera to computer and (b) upload from computer to iPod.
Therefore if I'm on assignment, that would be impractical unless I decide to
lug around my mobile computer as well.

I've read that both Apple and Belkin have a camera adaptor but again,
there's not much information concerning a "direct camera-to-iPod" feature.
Card reading functions were noted but frustratingly I don't think there is
support for xD-PictureCard although thank God there is for CompactFlash, so
I'm relatively safe that is if I give up on using xD.

Would love to hear from any of you who have had ipod experiences to show in
terms of working with your Olympus digicam. My main concerns at the moment
are

(a) How to get VCD/DVD content to the iPod? >>> I heard conversion is
necessary but I don't think iTunes offer this facility!

(b) How to do a direct-connect between the cam and the iPod without
requiring computer intervention

Hope some of you can share their experiences...thanks.

K.

--
Khen Lim
XIOS Network Solutions