[OM] Re: Billy Pilgrim (was Yet Another Photo)

Subject: [OM] Re: Billy Pilgrim (was Yet Another Photo)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:38:22 -0500
Speaking of details, I got an e-mail back from my friend. He does not
recall the fire. His recollection is that we didn't have one, that we
were standing around talking by starlight, and that Montana not only
cooked all of us supper, but went to be earlier than we three men.
But he also expressed disappointment that she didn't go to bed with
him. <g>  He remembers we had been hiking all day, and had gone on
longer than we should have, and had basically just stepped fifteen or
twenty yards off the trail into a small clearing. Our Billy and
Montana showed up a few minutes later and asked if they could share
the clearing, and, my friend says, we reluctantly agreed, what with
the point of wilderness camping being to get away from people.

Interesting that I recall a fire and he recalls conversation by
starlight. That's about as divergent as you can get. I kinda like the
starlight thing, though. Maybe next time I tell the story I'll go
with Don's recollection. You folks won't tell, right?

--Bob