[OM] Re: Completely OT: What do users of either camera think of this?

Subject: [OM] Re: Completely OT: What do users of either camera think of this?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:54:47 -0800
It is not his style, but the nonsense he spouts that ticks people
off. For instance, here he dogs the LCD on the Canon and says it is
too dim and inaccurate to judge color and exposure. No photographer
who understands the way cameras work would use the LCD for that
purpose.  He makes all these authoritative assertions in the manner
of an old Popular Mechanics automobile review and then comes up with
one of these howlers. For some reason some people idolize him.

By the way, I have a D200 with the wonderful LCD he describes and it
is like any other LCD in that I can't read the menu  in the bright
sun, much less judge exposure or color. It is pretty in the shade
though.

I think you will find that people on the list who either one are
happy with their cameras and if all 5Ds and D200s suddenly
disappeared into another dimension they would probably not obsess
about it and get a replacement and manage to take the same pictures
they are wont to. Starting out again from scratch in digital I would
give serious consideration to a Pentax 10D.

I don't know why these comparisons get started. The 5D and 200D are
not even in the same price class.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA