[OM] Re: #008

Subject: [OM] Re: #008
From: "GeeBee" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 00:39:06 -0000
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>>However, whenever I see a long row of stately,
>> mature trees I can't help but wonder what happens if one of them dies
>> and breaks the symmetry.
>>
>> Chuck Norcutt
>>

> Then you have to cut down every other one in the line-up :-).
> Wayne

Hi Chuck, Wayne,

They get planted together, mature and die together. These poplars once formed
an avenue on the drive up to the house at Stoke Park
Northamptonshire but
are now breaking ranks in a sheep pasture:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/Gallery_01/pages/gal1-50.html

They stayed around long enough to 'eat' the metal protection provided when they
were saplings. Every fallen tree has a metal cage
inside:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2007/IRC.htm

--Graham