[OM] Re: OM-2n exposure needle problem?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2n exposure needle problem?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:23:53 -0500
 "The second metering system is the TTL auto exposure system. It does not
start to operate at all until the mirror goes up prior to the shutter
opening. This is because it can't operate with the mirror down, as it
can't see the first shutter curtain with the mirror in the way."

A related phenomenon is use of the shift lenses in auto.  Typically use manual
and meter prior to the shift as one must.  Always get a pang of "exposure
anxiety"  (EA) when use auto mode (usually in changing light conditions) as
there can be quite a discrepancy in the VF indicated exposure after the shift
compared to manual prior to the shift.  Can't remember any markedly off
exposures in auto  (at least on print film) but still suffer from EA.  I'll
hear if EA is unjustified as I had thought.
Mike
AOL Mail and more.