[OM] Re: Have prices become crazy on CF cards or what

Subject: [OM] Re: Have prices become crazy on CF cards or what
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 14:11:45 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Maybe the 2GB and 4GB cards have run into a lot of consumer resistance
> and the market just isn't big enough for big cards.

Maybe the market is just too small for cards  that under perform their
labeling unless they are properly low priced?

In the Rob Gailbraith site tests, Kingston CF cards don't perform in
accordance with their speed labeling, compared to other brands. Their
100X cards, for example, are slower than Lexar 40X WA and strictly lower
middle of the pack in speed rating. (I only perused the 5D ratings.)

Not saying they are crap, only that one should ignore the "133" part of
the name and consider them as lower performance cards. The prices are
still attractive, but not as much so.

Moose