[OM] Re: Weather.

Subject: [OM] Re: Weather.
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:29:25 +0000
Just so.  If a runway is being re-surfaced the aircraft can be flown
from a nearby airfield such as Honington from Lakenheath.

Nice puns, Piers :-).  Although of course a bolthole is a hole to
which the frightened little animal bolts for safety.  And for the
military flying fraternity a bolthole was somewhere of (relative)
safety in a dangerous world; the Cold War spawned that derivation for
me as we had an Operation Bolthole for heading for the nearest
complete runway if our own had been damaged in an attack.

Chris