[OM] Re: Deleting in the Camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Deleting in the Camera
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 07:45:28 -0800 (PST)
I've had ONE bad experience with in-camera deletion.  I shared that
horror story here a couple months ago.  I was in-camera deleting in
my E-1 when SOMEHOW the /DCIM/100OLYMP/ directory became
write-protected.  Had I realized exactly what happened, I would have
removed the card and reinserted it to get the camera to create a new
subdirectory.

Anyway, I've been a Mad-Max when it comes to in-camera deletion.
I've whacked files like no tomorrow.  After this one occurance I'm a
little more cautious though.  Since I now have enough storage to last
any event without deletion I'll just let it go and not bother
anymore.

I've changed over my download procedure slightly.  In almost every
case now, I download through the camera's USB port.  Believe it or
not, it's actually faster with my E-1 than the card reader.  Odd.

Also, I ALWAYS in-camera format--especially before a hired shoot.
Depending on the camera, an in-camera file-deletion usually only
affects the subdirectory the camera is designed to write to.  If you
are like me and have two different brand cameras, the files are
stored in two different subdirectories.

AG

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.