[OM] Re: Advice needed: list transaction going poorly

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice needed: list transaction going poorly
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:47:28 -0500
Yeah, I usually make pix and regret not getting some for this one.

That said, the lens needs service for a mechanical problem that I'm
now certain was incurred in the shipping process.  He implied I hadn't
packed well enough, but it was surrounded by bubble wrap and not
rattling in the box -- as are so many items I receive from dealers and
others.  I recall the USPS employee shaking it a bit as she lifted it
off the scale.

In any case, if I buy insurance, particularly the overpriced version
USPS offers, I do so with the intention of using it if the shipper
causes damage.  If the lens is indeed on its way somewhere else,
there's no way to make a claim.

I did indeed offer a full refund and in retrospect should have simply
taken him up on his offer to work through the insurance process and
refunded his money in the meantime but I didn't get a chance to do so.

Thanks for your input.

ScottGee1