[OM] Re: Bean Bag Fillers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Bean Bag Fillers?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:04:17 EST

In a message dated 1/11/2007 4:29:37 A.M. Central Standard Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Sand is  an interesting one. Source material, shape and surface
characteristics  might lead to very different results for different
kinds.

Hey, look, this question is a little like, "Who is buried in Grant's tomb?"
Isn't it?  Had it been "With what do you fill a sand bag?", the  answer is
pretty obvious.  Same goes for "money", "dirt" and "scum."  The only exception
that comes to mind immediately is "hand".

On a only slightly more serious note, I might ask "How do you use your  bean
bag?"  In this case, I'm talking about the kind which started  this posting,
rather than the kind on which one might place their  posterior.  My answer
would be that I use them as Walt has suggested  on top of a long lens, while on
tripod.  Mine are double bean bags, held  together with a couple of straps and
when being used in a traditional bean bag  way they find themselves
straddling a partially lowered window in my car to  allow me to rest a camera
and big
lens on while sitting in my mobile blind. The  way they are used most often is
to hold something in place in the back of my  SUV. There are four of them
living in the back of the SUV and they brace  all sorts of things all the time.

<{8^)  Bill Barber