[OM] Re: OT On hazards of aging

Subject: [OM] Re: OT On hazards of aging
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:39:26 +1300
Hello all;      another little essay.

Rejoice: there's light at the end of the tunnel and it's not necessarily the
train
coming to flatten you.   I had written
> A couple of days ago I drove my car home, wearing my "distance"
> spectacles. I may or may not have done some grocery shopping on the way,
> I don't remember. Not crucially important.
Not "crucially important" was wrong.  Very wrong.
Remembering my skills in years gone by at finding the things, even small
things, that others had lost in scrub country and the like, and having decided
that all the trails I had followed in the last two days seemed very cold, I
decided to concentrate on a small part of probable past movement as an
alternative strategy.
I knew I must have taken them inside the house. This led me by stages to
the large deep-freezer chest which sits at one end of our kitchen and blocks
part of a ranch-slider window.
I had already looked inside of and underneath.
But I unpack grocery bags there, including those specs, if inside.
And behind the deep-freeze, between it and the wall, and hidden under a
thick fabric curtain, there they lay.

So there is hope!!  I had not deliberately put them in some stupid place !

Now I can get on with my week with that pre-occupation behind me.

Brian