[OM] Re: OT Sound effects, was Ran into a photographer

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Sound effects, was Ran into a photographer
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 12:06:32 -0800
If we wanted reality, we wouldn't be parking our butts in front of the big or
small screens.  How about the sound of an explosion in space?  The music from
nowhere at the opening of Sound of Music? Godzilla's screech (although I've got
that as a wav file on a web page at work to announce alarms).  And lest we
forget, Meg Ryan's aural orgasm scene in "When Harry Met Sally".  Surely, that's
not real is it?

And when a politician says he's telling the truth, that's a foley artist in the
background.

Jay