[OM] Re: 65-116 auto tube coupling problem

Subject: [OM] Re: 65-116 auto tube coupling problem
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:12:56 +0100
Cc: <priit@xxxxxxxxx>
Priit  wrote:

-----

>I've just got a telescopic auto tube by mail order, and while checking
out

>the basic functions, discovered an annoying problem. It does not like

>couple with my OM-4T. <SNIP>

>Would be grateful for any advice. Although I suppose by my description
it

>may be difficult to tell what exactly is wrong with it :) I'm just

>posting in in the hopes that perhaps the tube or the meter coupling

>lever is a 'repeat offender' and there's some known fix to these
symptoms.

-----

Hi Priit,

I had the exact same problem with my OM-1 an 1.8/50mm when I bought them
brand new in 1977. Had to ship it to Olympus Hamburg who repaired it in
about 6 weeks time. I believe the lever in my OM-1 was set deeper than
it was supposed to be for some odd reason. Cannot be because of abuse or
anything though, must have been off-factory. Maybe in your case the
previous owner has not been carefull enough at al times, so that the tab
of the aperture setting has moved a little inward. For a DIY job I would
measure how far the tabs of your other lenses come out of the lens and
try to gently pull on the tab of the extension tube with a pair of
tweezers (use a peace of leather to protect the tab) to reach the same
distance. Do that in severall small steps and do not bend the tab to the
left or right so it might indicate the wrong aperture setting. Maybe
John H. can give you some idea if this is a known problem whoch occurs
more frequently.

My 2 cents.

Wiliam