[OM] Re: What I did (am doing) on my holidays (was: The new digital disc

Subject: [OM] Re: What I did (am doing) on my holidays (was: The new digital discourse)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:37:35 +0000
I'm not sure what's to bite on, Ken, but I shall as well.  Firstly,
thanks (again) for putting so much of your thoughts into words.  It
takes me a while to get around to reading your long posts because I
know that I shall have to concentrate, but it is always worth it.
And your spelling is always good in your long posts, not quite so in
your short ... ;-)

I took virtually no Olympus photos over the Christmas period.  I had
the little C*non S70 ready to capture Christmas Dinner which took
place on Christmas Eve at 1900.  This was so that Christmas Day was
not taken up with the preparation.  Our 2 sons (26, with fiancée, &
22) arrived on 23 December and we had much merriment.  They headed
off to do a duty visit to grandparents on Sunday while my wife and I
prepared the Dinner.  All went well, there were no arguments and the
"kids" arrived back home in good humour.  Dinner, with a 20lb turkey,
was excellent (my timing and cooking :-)) and the roast potatoes did
not last long with our 2 sons.  Dessert was a Delia Smith special, a
Chocolate Truffle Torte which is so rich you can eat only the tiniest
sliver before you're stuffed.

My resolution is going to go something like this: take themed photos
for each month of the year, print at least 2 of them, and build a
year's portfolio so that when I get to the end of the year I have a
proper collection instead of a few hundred still waiting to be
checked and keyworded ...

... and decide whether I really need more mp in a DSLR ...

Chris