[OM] Re: astrophotography OM1 on the bay

Subject: [OM] Re: astrophotography OM1 on the bay
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:13:27 -0500
You are correct.  The adapter tube shown is for eyepiece projection.  It
attaches to the camera via a T mount thread and screws onto the scope's
"visual adapter" over the top of the eyepiece used for projection.  I
recognize the setup since I own a Celestron 8.  As stated in the ad the
tube is an adapter tube for either Celestron or Meade catadioptric
scopes which both use the same type of mounting tubes and thread sizes.

There is also a direct projection setup included with the scope which
replaces the visual adapter.  As you guessed it's considerably shorter
than the eyepiece projection tube (about 1/3 the length).  When used
with the direct projection tube my 8" f/10 Celestron becomes a 2000mm
f/10 lens.

Chuck Norcutt