[OM] Re: Monitor (calibration)

Subject: [OM] Re: Monitor (calibration)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:04:33 -0800
It is important if you want to print or put something on the web that
sort of looks the same to other people as it does to you. All the
hardware calibrators work pretty well, even the cheap ones. Until you
get one you can use the manual monitor set up in Photoshop which is
not horrible.

I saw a review in the past few months of some of the lower priced
ones. I don't remember where. Sorry. The Spyder2 Express seemed to be
the best choice even though the cheapest. I have one of the older
Spyder packages and it worked fine both with my old CRT and with my
previous generation Apple LCD.

http://www.colorvision.com/profis/profis_view.jsp?id=581

You can find it a little cheaper at Amazon saving shipping as well as
tax.

http://www.amazon.com/ColorVision-Spyder2-Express-Win-Mac/dp/
B000ES4PYU/sr=8-1/qid=1167346951/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7197178-2904656?
ie=UTF8&s=software

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA