[OM] Re: [photo] crescent moon

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] crescent moon
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 09:20:21 -0700
Allan Mee wrote:
> Richard said:
> "Televue makes some fine small refractors as well."
>
> Hmmm I would think that a reflector (preferably with a motorised equatorial
> mount) would be better than a refractor for astrophotography.

T'ain't necessarily true.  Check out (for example) this review of
Williams Optics' Megrez and Fluorostar (90mm and 110mm) apochromatic
refractors on the SkyNews.ca site:

http://www.skynewsmagazine.com/pages/reviews/williamopticsnd06.pdf

This review made me sharpen my pencil.  In the new year, it's gonna be
between a 7-14mm Digital Zuiko (assuming Olympus *finally* gets its act
together and produces a quality follow-on pro model successor to the
E-1) and one of these apos (probably the 110mm Fluorostar).  Added
bonus: lots and lots of terrestrial viewing opportunities with these
apos.  None if you're using a reflector.  ;-)

Garth