[OM] Re: FS: Zuiko 35-80/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: Zuiko 35-80/2.8
From: "Paul Martinez" <pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:46:14 -0800
I was a youngster myself living in Portland, OR. I got up at 4 AM that
beautiful sunny morning with my father to go fishing on Sauvie's Island,
about 30 miles away as the crow flies from the mountain. I saw it all
including the lightning and even felt the earthquake. From our vantage point
on the South side it didn't look all that bad. We though it had just blown
off a bunch of ash, like it had done before, covering Portland if the wind
was blowing from the north. This day everything happened on the north side
of the mountain and the wind was blowing from the south to north.

We always say the fish new the mountain was going to go off. That was a hot
salmon spot we had back in the day, but we didn't get a single bite or see
any fish rolling or jumping all morning.

Paul