[OM] Re: Code in film chamber

Subject: [OM] Re: Code in film chamber
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:06:27 -0500
Olympus started using that production code in 1981.

TNF21 means body was (I think) made at Tatsuno factory.  Next letter is
year of production. A is '81, B is '82, C is '83 etc.  F means 1986.
Not sure what 21 is, should be one digit referring to month of
production, 2 being February, 1 for January. Months of January through
Sept. are numbered 1-9, October, November, December are A, B or C.

TNA7 would be Tatsuno 1981, July
TNBA would be Tatsuno 1982, October
There are over 25 different factory codes: MR, SY, IK, SN, SR, CN, TH
etc.  For units made 1981 and on, Motor Drive 2 had this code behind the
locking nut, Winder 2 inside the battery chamber, lenses had it on the
black rear trim, flashes: inside the battery chamber.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net