[OM] Re: Photo...

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo...
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 05:06:55 +0000
Same here.
BTW I was on a bus the other day and had my 300D in my holdall. The thing
was, I was upstairs at the front of the bus and it was morning and the sun
was out and shining of the windows of the houses we were passing. Many of
the houses (with the sunlight reflected of their windows) were all reflected
in an amazing collage in the corner windows of the bus - which was
travelling very slowly. A close framed shot of the bus windows would have
made an interesting shot in itself and I was tempted to whip out the 300D
and just shoot it - but I felt too embarassed at the thought of getting my
DSLR out on the bus and taking a shot.
If it had been a car I was travelling in, I would taken the shot - but I
doubt if the car would have been tall enough to catch the refelections in
the first place :(
There must have been about 4 or 5 houses (and their roofs) reflected in the
windows - sunlight on and through glass reflected on and through glass (as
well as the reflections of the floors and roofs on glass) made a really
intresting collage that looked much better than I can describe. Imagine
sunlight shining through a stained glass church window and reflected in a
mirror- it was that kind of effect. The angles of the reflections between
the two corner bus windows was also interesting - a bit like a kaleidoscope
- the early winter morning sunlight was bright and golden too which enhanced
the effect further and made it far stronger an effect than it would
otherwise have been. The reflections were almost as dense/strong/tangble as
the view of the pavement out of the bus window. Modesty /consideration
doesn't pay sometimes lol
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: Photo...
>Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:18:11 -0500
>

>Amazing shot.  Rather surreal.  Encourages me to take more chances with my
>pix.
>
>Thanks!/ScottGee1
>
>On 12/20/06, Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >

>http://the.earth.li/~paddy/cgi-bin/indiv.pl?dir=NorwichToReadingPress800&photo=photo07_3a.jpg
> >
> > OM-1,  Tokina 200mm F3.5.  Fuji Press 800,  taken out the side of a car
> > window at 85mph.  Shutter probably about 1/125th.  No idea about the
> > aperture. :)
> >
> > I got lucky with this shot,   I just wish that I hadn't decapitated the
> > bird in the top right hand corner.  Buut, beggars can't be choosers,
>and
> > it printed up well too.
> >
> > atb,
> >
> > p.

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel
http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com