[OM] Thoughts on Olympus SLRs

Subject: [OM] Thoughts on Olympus SLRs
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:08:34 +1300
Hi all,

I'm still using OMs, and one thing I do notice after using the E-1, is how loud
the shutter sounds. ... ...

With the E-1, and having taken about 50 images of birds using the Zuiko
500/8 today, I feel more than a little scratchy about the small view-finder
image which makes it really difficult to achieve good manual focus especially
with a lens like the 500 which has such a short DOF and for which really
precise focussing is critical.

What I'd like to see in the E-2, in addition to more pixies (sic) is a much
larger virtual view-finder.

Surely it must be possible to build into the camera body a reasonably
compact optical system which would present to the viewer's eye an optical
image as large as, or even larger than, the image seen in OM view-finders.

Is this too much to ask? I think not.

It surely is possible to create this feature without affecting the current
small
mirror size for the E-1 - a size clearly important in the quest for reduced
vibration.

My 2 cents

Brian