[OM] The condition my condition is in

Subject: [OM] The condition my condition is in
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:56:18 +0000
Walt is still alive, though not kicking a whole lot right now. I have gone
through many hours and days living in shadow, but now I'm starting to see some
light. Actually, I took a couple of shots with the E-1 yesterday and drove the
SSR out and about for the first time in nearly two months. Getting back in gear
a little, I guess.

I really appreciate those of you who expressed sympathy and condolences to me,
both on and off list. I probably should have acknowledged each one
individually, but I simply wasn't up to it at the time. Sorry. I will, however,
thank Richard, who recalled that my TOPE 22 was a picture of my wife.

http://www.tope.nl/tope_show_entry.php?event=22&pic=23

And a special thank you to Brian, who went to the effort to send real paper
mail, a very special card, all the way from New Zealand. And, surprisingly, the
other curmudgeon reappeared after a very long absence long enough to make a
post, the only one I've seen in months. Maybe we'll both be back before long.

To the amusement of some of you, the amazement of a few, and perhaps the horror
of a couple, the former nextdoor neighbor some of you may remember from when I
mentioned her occasional habit of taking the sun on her back deck in the nude,
is coming up after Christmas from West Palm Beach, where she has been for a
little over a year, to spend some time with me -- maybe a few days, maybe a few
weeks, maybe a few months, maybe a few years -- we haven't figured it out yet.

This candid grab shot is from about 10 years old, but she looked about the same
when I saw her back in June. Playing tennis two or three times a week keeps the
legs and other interesting parts in shape.

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1131.jpg

We've been neighbors, friends and confidants for nearly a quarter century, so
maybe it's time. Like a line I recall from some old movie, you either start
living or you start dying. Hell, it's all just an adventure, and we never know
where it'll end. I still miss my wife very much, and always will, but I ain't
done living yet.

See y'all later.

Walt

--