[OM] Re: roadtrip, CA to TX

Subject: [OM] Re: roadtrip, CA to TX
From: iddibhai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:31:35 -0800

On Dec 14, 2006, at 1:19 PM, nsurit@xxxxxxx wrote:

> "Plan is to do it straight, flat, fast, on the I10."  If you are
> planning to do it that way, it will be the first two but not the
> last.  Having just done the reverse, Houston to LA, it takes some
> time.  I did Houston to Lordsburg, NM the first day, which was
> quite a hike.  The entire trip is IMHO pretty spectacular.  There
> are many diversions along the way, if you don't have "fast" as one
> of the factors.  If you are going to do it on a weekend, it will be
> fast.  It is two good days of driving at or slightly above the
> speed limit, without many stops.  Mapquest says about 23 hours of
> driving and I didn't figure they knew how fast I'd be
> driving . . .  apparently they did.  Enjoy the trip.  Bill Barber

Yup, weekend, two drivers in tandem, stop at 6hr/400miles, for fuel
and bathroom, should be doable in 24hr very easily at the speed
limit. Have bit of a time constraint, volunteered myself for stuff in
Houston for the wkend, and have to be at work on 2nd at 8am, so both
ways I have to make sure any stop is really going to be worth it (and
maybe make up lost time on the road? SW desert = boring?)