[OM] Re: roadtrip, CA to TX

Subject: [OM] Re: roadtrip, CA to TX
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:51:45 -0800
Well, the Grand Canyon is not exactly straight. :-)  My suggestions
for photo ops close the I 10:

Maybe stop near Phoenix for Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West.

Saguaro/Organ Pipe National Park near Tucson. Amazing desert scenery.

Turn north a bit in New Mexico to hit Bosque Apache nature preserve.
Spectacular bird opportunities, but be there at dawn or sunset. The
density of birds will take your breath away. The light direction is
better at dawn.

Then there is the spectacular scenery at White Sands National Monument.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA