[OM] E-330 settings

Subject: [OM] E-330 settings
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:43:11 -0600
I should probably just go to the dpreview forums for this, but it's
possible there is someone else on the list currently shooting an E-330
and others who might be interested.

I'd like to know what settings folks have opted for.

A lot of us shared this as E-1 lore, and it was fun and useful.

The E-330 has these "picture" modes which range, for color, from Vivid
to Muted, and also include Sepia and Monochrome.  For now I have
selected "Natural" which is between Vivid and Muted.  Within this
selection, I can then select to decrease or increase contrast,
sharpness, and saturation.  Even with saturation and sharpness set to
their lowest, the output is still a little more cooked than I want.
Certainly much more so than with the E-1.  I will have to experiment
with Muted.  I haven't even tried a shot at the default Vivid setting.
 I would expect it spontaneously to burst into flames!

I'd love to know any other settings that people might want to share
too.  It appears that the E-330 may have more in common with the E-500
feature set than with the E-300.  I should study up on that, but if
there is commonality, I'd love to hear from E-500 users as well.
Thanks.

Joel W.