[OM] Re: OT MS/Mozilla firefox

Subject: [OM] Re: OT MS/Mozilla firefox
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 08:48:26 -0500
On Sun December 10 2006 7:26 am, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> Don't feel bad, Chris.  Fleeced me too.  Now I have to try to recall
> whom I told about it ... :(
>
> Joel W.
>
> On 12/10/06, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Oh Bo**ocks!  I awoke this morning (sad old git that I am ;-))
> > wondering if I had not read it deeply enough ... thanks, Moose.  And
> > thank God for small mercies :-)
> >
> > In addition, I wrote a snotty email to the Independent yesterday
> > complaining about an article; the author has shares in Rolls-Royce
> > and he was complaining about a criminal investigation into a British
> > Defence contract with the Saudi Government.  His stance was so out of
> > character that I now have a feeling that it was meant to be ironic ...
> >
> > ... oh well!
> >
> > Chris

> > > Look further into the site - it's a spoof.
> > >
> > > They gotcha!

They got me too. I read it and was PO.  I figured that even with the Redmond
people owning it someone would release another version of it since the source
code was basically public. I thought about it a little more and went back and
read it top to bottom. It is a very well written spoof. I give credit to the
author(s) that wrote it.