[OM] Re: Wireless router

Subject: [OM] Re: Wireless router
From: "Komtanoo Pinpimai" <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 21:01:14 -0600
You don't need to have a PC wired to a wireless router. Many wireless
routers on the market can be just plugged to your modem and works with
anything that has wireless card, most of them normally have a few holes to
support network cable. The network cable might be required in the initial
setup (to enable wireless etc.), depending on the model of wireless router.

-kem

On 12/9/06, Phil <pcks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am looking to set up a wire network. My understanding was that you just
> plugged in a wireless router to your modem and then any PC with a wireless
> card in would work off of this. What I am not sure about is whether you
> need
> to have a main PC connected to the
> router, most of the routers I have looked at seem to indicate this.
>
> What I am looking to do is run two wireless PC's off of a router, without
> one being connected to the router, is this possible.
>
> Thanks
>
> Phil

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

when you were born, a problem was solved