[OM] Re: What is CA?

Subject: [OM] Re: What is CA?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:42:36 -0500
Ali, I'm guessing you haven't tried IS/VR yet.  I have two of the
newer lenses from C@non.  They greatly expand the possibilities for
hand-held photography, particularly in low light and improve results
in normal light.

I've been shooting for close to forty years and have observed that
results from even the best gear is compromised by inadequate
technique, chiefly vibration/movement from an unsteady camera.  IS/VR
helps to alleviate that problem.  A steady tripod, mirror lock-up and
cable release are ideal, but when those can't used, IS/VR can be very
helpful.

For example, I made a few shots with my newly acquired 70-300.  One at
110mm and 1/6 sec is very sharp.  The one that blows my mind was at
300mm at 1/20 sec. has printed material in it.  It holds up well when
pixel-peeped at 100%!

my two lux worth/ScottGee1