[OM] Dazed and Confused-FL50 questions and E330 failure

Subject: [OM] Dazed and Confused-FL50 questions and E330 failure
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 08:50:41 -0700

Hi guys :-)

        Coming out of read-only mode for a bit to see if anyone can (or wants
to) help me.

        First issue: E-330 is really really being naughty. I am pretty sure it
needs to go in for service. I am hesitant to post this here, because I
know many of you are not OLY DSLR users. This is not an open invitation
to bash OLY, please, altho this would probably lend itself to a great
opportunity...just want to tell you what it's doing to see if anyone has
some insight before I send it off. It began with only the 50-200mm lens,
and has since moved on to include the 40-150 and the 14-45. The only
lens that the 330 doesn't have trouble with right now is my 35mm. Here's
what happens: I can maybe fire off 2 or 3 shots then suddenly with no
warning, everything is totally blown out beyond belief. Which can take
me a while to realize, as I don't always look at the image after I've
taken it, unless my lighting or point of focus changes or some such
thing. So...I look at the image, see that it is beyond blown, look back
at my settings, and then realize that there is no aperture setting
whatsoever, just a series of dashes. EXIF on those images tells me they
are shot at f1, not possible! At least, not with any lenses I own!! LOL
Anyhow, if I'm using autofocus, obviously once the camera and lens
aren't communicating, the shutter will not release, another way I know
something is wrong. If I'm using manual focus, that's when it still
allows me to take pictures, even tho they are wildly blown. So....is the
problem the camera only? Do I send only it back? Or it and all those
lenses? Is there something I can try first to troubleshoot the issues?
Is this something anyone else has experienced? (Clarification for those
who may remember...these issues are with the NEW E-330, not the OLD
E-300 that is also still not working correctly.)

        Second issue...I am not getting the lighting right with my FL50. It's
driving me nuts. I don't understand much of what I find when I am
surfing for answers, and the English manual is just awful....or I am
very very unintelligent. Does anyone have online links to resources
about the FL50? I am not finding anything useful yet. And all the things
I do read seem so complicated....is there a way to uncomplicate external
flash photography? I am just not-getting-it, and feeling very frustrated.

        I have other questions and issues, but I think these two are enough for
my poor brain to grasp today. :-)
        TIA to those who reply, I appreciate any help you can give me! :-)
        Have a great weekend,
        Candace