[OM] Re: Scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:25:45 -0600

> I bought an inexpensive Canon and haven't noticed any improvement over
> the old scanner. The dynamic range and inherent resolution of the
> reflective source material just isn't all that great and doesn't
> challenge the scanner's capabilities.
I just read something somewhere on the web about a guy that opened up his
flatbed and painted the interior flat black. Just thinking about the process
makes my head hurt.

Anyway, it made a substantial improvement in the image, mostly in, surprise,
shadow detail.

This is something that I've wondered about for some time. Makes you wonder
what the design engineers are thinking about. how simple that would be from
the factory.

Bill Pearce