[OM] Re: [OT] Digital showing signs of hitting the wall?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Digital showing signs of hitting the wall?
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:45:06 -0500
I'm not sure about "hitting the wall", but it may be that Canon's in-camera
processors are getting so close to RAW+Post-Processing that it's a moot
point for 95% of their customers.  I suspect that the lack of RAW support
on the G7 won't make a blip on it's sales.

All the non-photographer types that I know using DSLRs (probably 50
people?), don't even know what RAW is, much less its advantages.  MR of
luminous-landscape lives on a different planet from most of the consumer
photo-taking world; his dumping on the G7 for the lack of RAW support will
have zero impact, IMO.

Skip